1/1/09

A quick little post...

Just in case you've forgotten (cause I almost did ;) The kiddlets are on vacation this week so the little bit of free time I count on when they're in school has evaporated. Things will be back to normal next week...ahhhhh.
****
I've felt so unproductive all week!!! I'm ready to get back into the swing of things! I made the cutest tee today! I'll post tomorrow. The light was gone before I was done so you'll just have to sit tight.
****
Here's that recipe ladies...
To make a lighter version you could bake these on a cookie sheet at 425 until they look lightly browned. You could also use corn flake crumbs, panko, a gluten free bread crumb or wheat germ to replace traditional bread crumbs :)
1 or 2 eggplants sliced thin (long or circles...up to you!)
Bread crumbs mixed with light salt, pepper, any spices you like and grated Parmesan cheese.
2-3 eggs mixed with a splash of water.
Flour with a hint of salt and pepper.
Olive oil for pan frying.
Loaf of good crusty bread.
Mayo mixed with 1 minced garlic clove, splash of lemon juice, any spices you like.
Roasted red peppers...I use the kind in a jar :)
Fresh mozzarella cheese.
Dip the eggplant in the flour mixture, then egg mixture and lastly the bread crumb mixture. Fry until lightly browned on both sides. If you're baking place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet to omit the use of olive oil. Turn to get both sides nicely browned.
I usually use either an Italian or French loaf of bread sliced horizontally. I place the eggplant then the roasted red peppers and then the cheese on one side. Toast in the oven until the cheese is melted. Make sure you put the bread that doesn't have any toppings into the oven to toast too! When done, load on that mayo mixture...it really makes the sandwich delish!
See you tomorrow!
xo

No comments: