7/28/08

oh please...

last nights sky...
deep breath in, deep breath out...count to 10, feel yourself breath from your toes, ohm....
it's quite beautiful out and once again it's like pulling teeth to get my kids to go outside for more than five minutes. i've tried every tempting thing i could to just GET. THEM. OUT!!!!! when i was a kid i LOVED being outside and could keep myself entertained for hours...mud pies, biking, rollerskating (am i dating myself here?), swings, hide-n-seek, climbing trees...gosh the list goes on. my older girlies were threatened (gasp) with having to wash the windows, clean the floors, and organize their room if they didn't go outside...you gonna guess what they're doing right now? r says to me 'i want to do the windows' and z said 'i'll do the floors'....are you freaking kidding me right now? i should have prefaced this post by saying this morning i offered to take them to the beach...groans and grunts ensued. i then offered to take them to a park...no, no, no! finally, reaching my boiling point i told them they'd be going to full day camp next summer instead of sitting around the house...and you know what? that's just what i'm gonna do! this sucks!

No comments: