9/15/09


I was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday. She was asking how the girls liked school...yada, yada, yada. Then she asked if Stella had had any playdates yet :O AAAAKKKK!
I guess I answered her a bit sharply by saying 'GOD, no!!!'
I had almost forgotten about those dreaded things. Now, I know it's not going to make me popular by saying this, but really? I'd rather make flippin' mud pies on my freshly cleaned rugs (that I did myself) than play small-talk. I really can't stand the fakery and in trying to be my authentic self, I'd rather not because inevitably the time is spent something like this....'lets make small talk, fill in the void, compare my mothering to your mothering and how many organic goodies are in your lunch box and I can't believe you don't have your toes professionally painted and my husband is fabulous and can take naps all day and we're going to Disney World for Thanksgiving and my house is cleaned once a week by Merry Maids and my Prada bag is bigger than your 'what kind of bag is that?'...Do you get it? It's exhausting! I just don't care to have these fakery friendships...I don't want them. I've got no time for them. They drive me NUTS!
*
Now. I have to admit. Some good has come from these 'playdates' in the past. But just like everything else...you've got to go through twenty to find one or two (Lis, if you're reading this you are the golden egg in the bunch.) SO. If it happens because we have a connection and WE want to spend time together than great. But if your snot-nosed kid wants to play with my snot-nosed kid and you and I have zippo in common...it ain't happenin'.



In other news...
:)
Just listed in the shop!
Have a simply fabulous day.
ps.
Kanye S.U.C.K.S
xo

6 comments:

Natasha said...

Well, that sucks. I don't know many, if any, women like that. But playdates around here don't usually include the moms. We all just want a break from our kids. ;-)

I tweeted about your shop again. :-)

xo

bopbopdesigns said...

oh those sound brutal...and now I am a little scared.

lovely pillow!

gina said...

Amen and - ditto!! ditto. ditto. It does get exhausting. I'd rather have 1 normal REAL friend, than 20 of the ones you just described. :)

bopbopdesigns said...

I am fortunate to not have met too many YET... my daughter is younger than your youngest though so I am sure I am in for it ;)

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

play dates... never done it... sort of the feeling i got from them too... BUT i sure could use a friend now here! this moving SUCKS! :)

can i come over for play date? :) ha ha ha
i promise to make it REAL!

still covered in burlap? :)

Laura said...

and all I can do now is picturing a snot nosed kid wiping his nose on that pillow

yeah, I am with you. I hate everyone.